One of my very good friends is having a baby next month. We had her baby shower this past weekend. It was a great time! I thought I would post the centerpiece first and then fill you in on all the other details later. This was my first attempt at a diaper cake and thanks to a little help from my friends (doesn't that make you want to break out into song!) it came out very nicely.
So here we go...
1. Buy diapers (I used size #2 2 pkgs) & rubber bands
2. Roll diapers - starting at the top (the part that's closest to the belly) and roll to the fold
3. Assemble your layers. This took 4 hands - One large rubber band is needed for each layer. And just start shoving in the diapers til you get the size of layer you like. Then make your other 2 to make a good proportion of layers.
4. We used ribbon to cover the rubber bands. And made a pretty bow for the top.
And here's a little bow tutorial...
1. Make two loops with ribbon
2. Twist ribbon twice and make another loop
3. Twist ribbon twice again and make another loop
4. Continue until your bow is the size you want.
5. Use twist tie or pipe cleaner to secure the center section you've been holding.
6. Fluff and done