Then menu went like this:
- Cheese platter with dried fruits, nuts and honeycomb
- Cocktail shrimp with spicy cocktail sauce
- Tuscan bruschetta on wheat crostini
- Veggie Pizza
- Sausage Cream Dip
- Buffalo Wing Dip - Recipe (this stuff is so good they actually have a whole page on Facebook dedicated to it... wow this is serious!!)
- Bacon Wrapped Crackers - We have been making these for years. So when I went to find an official recipe for you guys I found Pioneer Woman's take on these. Ain't she funny! And she does a great job of showing how to make these delights!
- Fresh fruit with creamy chocolate dip - Recipe
- Cupcakes and cookies
- Lemonade Tea Punch
I used shot glasses and bud vases for the flowers. With the height of the diaper cake it was nice to have some color closer to the table. And it required no actual arranging of flowers which is always a plus!
Here's the table half way through the shower. Those bacon wrapped crackers are a hit!! Delish!
The one activity we did participate in was painting onesie's for Mia.
Katie's God Children make some extra sparkly ones!! :-)
It was a great day to celebrate Katie's bun in the oven and the really great news is we'll be meeting Mia real soon!! Katie's only 4 weeks away from her due date!