Ok… so you know how I was telling y’all about my new obsession with Pinterest. Well I have another addiction to admit…
The Picker Sisters! They’re not actually sisters but best bud’s. These girls are HEE-larious! They go around the deep South picking junk and their minds are just running! They find all these different items that they take back to L.A. and re-develop the items into chic décor. I love watching them bouncing ideas off of each other – it reminds me of my days with my design girls (Cindy, Shannon & Courtney).
I found this show this past weekend. Joe and I were totally engrossed in a Marathon – show after show after show. What really makes this show good are Tracy and Tanya. The way they banter back and forth trip us out!
The other part I love about this show is you see them pick the JUNK and then by the end of the show you see the transformed item! For instance check out the girls in the picture above. That’s a silo cut into a slice and made into a hanging seat. Funky = YES!
Let’s check out some other things they’ve turned from TRASH to TREASURE
Metal rings and rope used to create a gorgeous chandelier
Old rusted truck fenders become:
Super funky swivel chairs! WHAT?!?! So cool!
So bottom line – you’ve just got to check these chickies out! They’re on Tuesday nights @ 10 pm on Lifetime. Let me know what you think! It’s a good time!
Something else that happened over the long weekend… I got an AWARD!! Woot! Woot! A friend from high school has a blog, The Lint Trap. I love her candid description as life as a new mom and all that it entails. You need to check her out! But back to the award… Y’all have the distinct pleasure of learning 7 random facts about moi… Can you handle it??
1. I can recite almost every word of Steel Magnolias. And one of my favorite lines is from the doctor after Shelby’s transplant… “Looks good, looks real real good.”
2. I love shoes. I always have. My mother loves to tell the story of how as a child I would throw one shoe away when I didn’t like them. That way it looked more likely to have been “lost.” What can I say – I’m sneaky!
3. Ketchup is my condiment of choice. I like it in my spaghetti and my chef husband thinks it disgusting / rude to put ketchup in his perfectly tasty marinara. Sorry honey.
4. I signed up for this really cool thing the other day. It’s called Birchbox. Every month they send you a box of all kinds of fun samples of hair care, skin care, perfume, etc. samples. I ♥ samples. I can’t wait to get my first box!
5. Cyndi Lauper’s “Don’t Want to be your Friend” was a song that I played over and over when Joe and I broke up in high school. It’s one of the only songs I’ve never gotten tired of. It’s good stuff… check it out here
6. I cry a lot in movies. Well in TV shows too. And even some commercials. I cried in the first scene of Finding Nemo when his Mommy gets eaten. Oops. Sorry if I gave that away. But normally I lighten the mood. I cry so much that people typically start laughing at me cause I’m sobbing in the middle of the theater. A.bit.embarrassing.
7. I have a HORRIBLE memory. I keep my bestie, Julie around just to remind me of the things I’ve done in my life. It’s a blessing and a curse.