Saturday, February 13, 2010

Date Night

Joe and I celebrated Valentine's last night with a fun date night out on the town. The snow was coming down but we didn't let that keep us from our date! A friend had brought the Charlotte Folk Society to my attention. On the second Friday of every month they have a free concert event. Last night was Master Piedmont Bluesman, John Dee Holeman.

For more info on Mr. Holeman, check this out.

The concert was at the Great Aunt Stella Center in uptown Charlotte. We have never been to this venue before but it was so cool! An awesome environment for a quaint evening of music! Here's Mr Holeman singin' the blues...




And some pictures of the venue... How cool would it be to see Dave Matthews or Sugarland in a small venue like this!! It reminds me of the Ryman Auditorium in Nashville. I love finding new spots in our city!




After the concert, we headed out for some tapas and wine. We checked out a new spot called, Yn. That's pronounced -wine- We both did a flight of wines. That's where you have a small sampling (2.5 oz) of 3 different wines. They provide a info sheet with each flight so you know what you're trying and what characteristics each one has.


The interior of the restaurant was pretty cool. It's in a very small space with very few windows, and low ceiling. But they have totally run with that and have made it feel like you're in a basement pub. The colors are very warm and cozy. The lobby/lounge area has copper gas lanterns that adds a cozy touch. The bar top is a hammered brass as well. There are lots of timbers, and warm wood tones. The wall colors range from burnt oranges and mossy greens.

I didn't want to look like a total dork taking pictures while sipping on my vino... but I did happen to take my camera to the restroom. Don't you love checking out the bathrooms in the restaurants - or wait maybe that's just me. But I will say I found something cool in there!


Check out that sink! Funky right?!? I can't decide if I love it or not so much?? The concept is really cool but the stark white is throwing me off. And it also gives the look of a smiley face. Do you see if or did I have too much wine?


And I do have to say... check out the flooring. Yes that is very 50's right? My grandparent's put these floors in their home they built . So hey Aunt Mark - your floors are chic!


We had an awesome date night! The concert was fun, the food was yummy, the wine was tasty but the company was beyond compare!!
Love you babe!

1 comment:

  1. What a nice evening. I think we will definitely have to put that Friday on our calendars. I don't like the bathroom---

    ReplyDelete

I can't hear you!! Unless you leave a message. Holler back now!