Saturday, January 7, 2012

Yarn Wreath

So for the next craft we made for the Christmas Craft Challenge… a super cute black & white wreath.  Remember the inspiration?

wreath

source

When I first saw this, I thought it was just yarn so that’s how we accomplished it but upon further investigation of the inspiration it is a t-shirt that was cut and sewn.  I’m not so handy with a sewing machine so the yarn was a much easier option for us!

SUPPLIES:  Wreath form – Yarn (black and white) – felt for flowers – hot glue gun and glue sticks

Step 1:  Start with one of the yarns and place a dab of hot glue to hold your starting point on the wreath form.  Wrap 4 times around.  Start the next color the same way.  Hide the opposite color underneath the 4 wraps of the new color.  Occasionally add another dab of glue to keep things attached.  Go all the way around the wreath (this took about an hour)

DSC_0149

Step 2:  make your flowers – same tutorial I used for Welcome sign from Jones Design Company.  Hot glued onto lapel pins.  Attach pins. 

DSC_0158

And voila!  Gorgeous fun wreath!!

DSC_0169    DSC_0171

DSC_0170

This turned out so cute – I would really like to make one for myself as well!  I love the idea of changing out the flowers with the seasons.  And since they’re made on lapel pins you can steal borrow from your wreath for your outfit!  Did you make a wreath during the Holiday season?  Do tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can't hear you!! Unless you leave a message. Holler back now!