Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Baby I’s Boudoir

It’s about time we share Baby Boy’s nursery!

As most of you know, we didn’t find out if we were having a boy or a girl when we were pregnant.  I had planned multiple different nurseries in my mind over the years.  And when it came time to plan the actual nursery our sweet baby would grow up in I went back to square one (aka blank pinterest board) with my thoughts

I didn’t want to go with an actual theme – I wanted sophisticated but fun.  Simple and classic.

DSC_3262

I decided on a color scheme of slate, white and tan.  That way we could accent with some pink if we were having a girl or just keep it warm and neutral with a boy.  And a sweet baby boy is exactly what we were blessed with.  The wall color is Pashmina by Benjamin Moore and we love it!  It’s the perfect amount of cool and warm. 

The chair (which rocks and swivels) was a hand me down that we recovered in a white chenille – brave I know.  But I do love the crisp white against the warm pashmina wall.  I used the same company, Sugar Hill Upholstery, that re-upholstered the hounds tooth chair in the living roomThe pouf is from Target and is perfect spot to prop your feet up while rocking baby boy to sleep.

DSC_3274

Love this wrapped canvas with a picture from our Two Little Monkey’s session.

DSC_3263    DSC_3271

Of course some friends hanging out:
Giraffe made by Grandmom and a rocker from Uncle John. 

DSC_3283

I found the window treatments at IKEA (I think they’ve discontinued them) that I think are perfect for the space.  I love their drapes, nice and long!  For the artwork over the crib we used pages from an old book from Aunt Mark.  Sweet Walter the puppy and Lamby are hanging out in the crib.

     DSC_3284     DSC_3287

DSC_3329

I used the rug that originally was in the dining room at the old house.

DSC_3330

DSC_3322 

Both the dressers are family pieces, one from Joe and the double dresser was my grandparents’.  It works perfectly as the changing table.  I love having all his clothes in arm’s reach.  The mirror over the dresser has been a hit as well.  He loves to check that super cute baby that is looking back at him!  Oh and don’t worry I attached the mirror multiple ways to the wall so there’s no chance its falling on my sweet baby boy!

DSC_3292    DSC_3297

I hung an IKEA light over the dresser instead of doing a table lamp so there’s no temptation to knock it off!  The basket for diapers came from The Container Store – it’s also been great for easy access.

DSC_3285

For the crib again I just wanted simple…  no skirt… no bumper.  Just a cute sheet.  Of course the pillow and stuffed animals don’t stay when baby boy sleeping but Lamby does!

So far we’ve been enjoying his room.  He will play with his books or rocker and now he’s pulling up on his shelves or in his crib.  Such a big boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can't hear you!! Unless you leave a message. Holler back now!