Friday, August 20, 2010

Dropping back in…

Earlier this week, we stopped by Rhonda’s and saw the lovely facade of her home. It’s very interesting how similar our homes are: built in 1950’s, Ranch, hardwoods, 3 bedrooms, etc. Her nieces asked her one time, “where are you stairs, Aunt Rhonda?” Cracked me up!

So anyhoo… now we are moving into the Master Bedroom. This is the only before shot we have – and yes I do think that’s a person under those covers. 10

And the now…

DSC_4426

Isn’t that great! Light - airy – refreshing – tranquil. Love it!

DSC_4429 DSC_4431

Check out that amazing mirror she made! She found the project on Remodelaholic and they found it from Straight Stitches. Whoever it came from it’s awesome – A LOT of work Rhonda says but totally worth it!!

DSC_4443

DSC_4444 DSC_4450 DSC_4425a

I love her collage of artwork. And the addition of the antique dresser in the space is such a nice touch. Adds sweet character! I also want to point out how she used the drapery panels behind her headboard. This serves multiple purposes. There is a window back there but it’s in an awkward location that doesn’t allow you to center the bed on the wall – but she cleverly made the rod longer and used the panels to her advantage! Adding softness and height to the focal point in the room – nice work!

And you must see the before on the dresser she re –did for this room as well. She still wants to add a little more drama to this piece – some glass knobs and maybe a little decoupage here or there.

DSC00273 DSC_4443

I have to say I love the clean lines of what she’s got going on now. But she’s got a vision and I look forward to seeing how it turns out! I’m sure she’ll share it with us when she’s done.

I can’t wait for the next installment of Dropping In with Rhonda!

2 comments:

  1. Lots of work, but wow, so worth it! Love the change in the dresser. Makes me want to get busy:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! That mirror is sooo pretty.

    ReplyDelete

I can't hear you!! Unless you leave a message. Holler back now!