One of the best things about summer is the wonderful produce you have access to. From the very first time the market is open we are there through the very last day!
We love tomatoes: Big boys, beefsteaks, romas, cherries and more. Then there’s the heirlooms – YUM! A simple tomato sandwich (peeled and sliced tomato, Dukes mayo and salt and pepper) is probably my favorite way to enjoy a summer tomato, but there are SO many ways to enjoy them. My friend Shannon is sharing a great summer treat with us today. She’s combining tomatoes with eggplant for a delicious summer salad.
Check it out!
Eggplant & Tomato Tower
Gorgeous, right?!?! She’s going to tell us how to make this super yummy creation:
1. Cut Eggplant 1/4" thick. Cut tomato and rest on paper towel to eliminate some of the liquid.
2. Heat large skillet, then add olive oil. Place eggplant in pan, sauté and turn, (salt and pepper both sides while cooking). Eggplant is done when its getting hard to turn, almost mushy in the middle!
3. Create a base of arugula on plate and crumble goat cheese on top! Yum!
5. Crumble more cheese on eggplant, this should melt slightly between layers, double yum!
6. Add thin slice of tomato on top of that...same size if possible :o) Crumble more goat.
8. Garnish with arugula leaf and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar! Salt and pepper all over lightly.
Thanks so much for sharing the recipe Shannon! I cannot wait to try it!! Shannon will hopefully be back with us soon letting us in on her NEW venture! I can’t wait to show you what she’s cookin’ up!
What’s your favorite way to enjoy summer’s bounty? Any great recipes we should know about?