Sunday, May 22, 2011

We be jammin’

We had a cookout this weekend for with Joe’s guitar group and I decided to get my bake on.  You know I love to try a new recipe – especially an easy one!  So I was flipping through one of my Church cookbooks.  (Can I just tell you that I love a church cookbook.  So many yummy recipes – these are my number one go to cookbooks when looking for a recipe.  Holler if you need one, my church has a good one!)

First of all I’ve got to show you my setup!  When I went to purchase my ingredients I just *happened* to swing by the Redbox and grabbed “The Kings Speech” for some baking companionship. 

DSC_7290

So on to the super simple directions:

DSC_7296DSC_7300

Dump German Chocolate cake mix in bowl.  Add 1/4 cup oil.  1 cup water. 3 eggs.

DSC_7311

Beat for 2 minutes.  Then add the secret ingredient:

DSC_7312

Yep – add the frosting to the cake batter.  Beat 2 more minutes.

DSC_7313

DSC_7321

Pour in Bundt pan.  Bake 40-50 minutes.

DSC_7390

This is what was leftover.  It makes a nice moist cake and I like the addition of bits of coconut and pecans from the frosting.  This is a great cake to make if you have little time! 

Here’s the recipe:  (thanks Blanche Hunt)

DSC_7291

Oh and here are some pic’s of all the musicians pickin’

DSC_7328DSC_7338DSC_7357DSC_7358DSC_7361DSC_7366DSC_7367

Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can't hear you!! Unless you leave a message. Holler back now!