Monday, November 21, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

The time is here to celebrate FOOD, oops I mean Thanksgiving.  But really people…  what would Thanksgiving be without gathering around a table with your loved ones and celebrating the bounty of our blessings?  You know I love all things food.  And a day that is centered around food =  Happy Katy!  My mom is hosting Thanksgiving this year and we’ve been discussing the menu for a couple weeks.  She’s in love with Pinterest as much as I am, so we’ve been pinning all kinds of recipes via Pinterest.  So…  Let’s get to the goodness – the MENU!

Appetizer: Jamie Cook’s It up – Cranberry Cream Cheese Dip

Jamie Cook's It Up

via

Main Event:  Alton Brown’s Turkey

turkey-header-e1288556188711

via

Sides:

Roasted Green Beans w/ Mushrooms Memama’s Super Yummy Corn
Mashed Potatoes Roasted Spaghetti Squash with Brown Butter
Sautéed Carrots, Parsnips & Onions Sweet Potatoes
Lime Ginger Cranberry Sauce (a MUST) Gravy
30 Minute Rolls  

Desserts:

PW’s Apple Dumplings Berry Walnut Upside Down Cake

Super yummy  - huh?!?!?!  What are your must have items on the table?  I love this cranberry sauce – I’ve made it the past three years and it’s a keeper!  The leftovers the next day on my turkey sandwich will make me happy all over again!

If you have all that delicious foods to partake in – you’ve got to have a beautiful table as well.  Here’s some examples from Thanksgiving past…

DSC_5472

DSC_5476

Cindy’s House 2011

DSC_5267

Mom’s Thanksgiving 2011

12-8-09 030

Our House 2010

And as always blog land gives us lots of great examples!  Check out these lovely ladies examples:

 

I can’t wait to hear all about your Thanksgiving plans…  what are you serving, where are you celebrating??  Do tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can't hear you!! Unless you leave a message. Holler back now!