Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Bright Lights, Big Screen

 DSC_0665

I’m a little late in telling y’all about the fun time we had going to the Fly Fishing Film Tour.  Look – it’s for real – it’s on the marquee!  The films were awesome!  The family was a little excited to see one of “us” on the big screen.  There **may** have been some hollering when we saw my brother’s cute mug on the screen.  And heard his silly “WOOHOO” in the background.

Disclaimer: This may sound completely weird, but you just have to see the film

I have to say my favorite line was… “I don’t know why it’s addictive, it just is.  Ask a crack head why crack’s addictive, he can’t tell you.  It’s like red crack.”   My brother, so eloquent.  Now y’all know where I get my stellar story telling skills!

(If you didn’t see the original post check it out here.  There’s a link to Carolina Reds film trailer.)

So after watching movies about fishing – it made us hungry, not so much for salmon or tuna but for SWEETS!!!

DSC_0666 

There is this super sweet (no pun intended, well maybe it is) bakery in NoDa that we made our way over to.  It’s a French bakery open 24 hours a day!!  That’s right any time of day your sweet tooth gets a hankering make your way over to Amelie’s!! 

DSC_0668

Amelie’s is Aaamazing!!

 DSC_0669

Salted Caramel Brownie!!  Yes my eyes just rolled in the back of my head and I believe I may have swooned.  You have to go and try it!!

DSC_0675

Desserts make us happy!! And the coffee probably helped too!!  Sugar and caffeine, who could ask for more!

  DSC_0671

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can't hear you!! Unless you leave a message. Holler back now!