Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Tissue Paper Wreath

I have been dying to make a book wreath.  Have you seen it?  Well I didn’t have a book that I was willing to use but what I did have = tissue paper! 
DSC_5492To make your very own tissue paper wreath this is what you need:  glue gun, wreath form, scissors, tissue paper – nice thick stack.
DSC_5444 DSC_5445 DSC_5446 DSC_5447
Cut your tissue paper into squares.  I folded the full sheets in 3rds then cut.  Fold each cut section into 3rds again and voila SQUARES!  I used pinking shears – which I’m sure my Mom would not allow in her house because those are supposed to be fabric scissors ONLY.  But in my house there’s not a lot of sewing going on and I like the jagged edge it provided. Sorry MOM ;-)
DSC_5448 DSC_5449 DSC_5451 DSC_5452
Now just start scrunching you paper pieces into little flower formations.  And get your trusty glue gun going!  Be careful it is HOT!  I worked in small sections doing the the exterior edges first and then filling in the center. I also cut the “center point” of the scrunched tissue paper off for the inside section so there wasn’t as much paper to deal with.
DSC_5453 DSC_5454
It went fairly quick.  I’d say about 30-45 minutes.
DSC_5455
DSC_5491 I think she would look great against a mirror or over the mantle.  I hung her over a picture in the living room.  I love the softness it adds – a little extra drama for the Christmas season.
DSC_5492 DSC_5493
What projects are you working on for your Holiday decor?  I’m almost done with our decorations.  Pictures to come soon!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS!! Oh funny- thats what Connie said ;O) LOL Im totally stealing it! Soft and pretty :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should make one of those for all your clients. :)

    ReplyDelete

I can't hear you!! Unless you leave a message. Holler back now!