Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Cookie Swap


Don't you just love a good reason to whip up something sweet? I know I do!! I was invited to a cookie swap this past weekend and it was so fun! There are many ways to do a swap but I have to say I really enjoyed the fact that we were a small group -a) you didn't have to make dozens and dozens of cookies (only 3 dozen which is a normal recipe) and b) you can individually wrap your cookies to give away. The reason I love this is because when you put peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies in the same container with Aunt Pine's Gingersnaps you end up with a weird mixture of flavors!

So for my contribution, I made our family recipe for Aunt Pine's (that's short for Pauline you just put the "p" on the "ine" and get Pine - like "bean" ) anyhoo... I am going to share this recipe even though it is a family secret that could truly make a million but you are my friend and I trust you will use this gift wisely. And after all it is the season of giving!

Aunt Pine's Gingersnaps

3 sticks unsalted butter
2 eggs
1/2 c Molasses
2 c sugar
4 c flour
4 tsp soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp cloves

Melt butter and add the molasses, sugar and eggs. Beat well. Sift dry ingredients together. Add to molasses mixture. Refrigerate overnight. In the morning form into balls (1" scoop) and roll in sugar. Place on greased cookie sheet. Bake @ 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes until deep brown color and start to "crack" on the top.
They may look a little under-done but that creates the best crunch edges and chewy center.

For packaging the cookies for the swap, I took simple brown paper lunch bags, folded them at the top, and then cut a slit for the ribbon to run through. I used some nice thick red ribbon with wired edges and tied in a simple knot. Then used a cute label to put on the bags. Super simple but super cute!


It was a great time to hang with some ladies I hadn't met before and eat yummy cookies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can't hear you!! Unless you leave a message. Holler back now!